Music School Facts
- Founded in 1984; currently serves nearly 500 students, newborns to adults
- Private lessons on all strings and winds, piano, percussion and voice
- Theory, ear training classes
- Performing ensembles: orchestras, chamber groups, jazz combos, chorus, percussion ensemble
- Student appearances: Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, Sesame Street, Metropolitan Museum of Art, with Itzhak Perlman, Pinchas Zukerman, Wynton Marsalis, Joshua Bell, Paquito D'Rivera.
- Alumni at Juilliard, Manhattan, Mannes, Berklee, Cleveland Institute, Royal College of Music in England
- Awards: Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, Bergen County Dept. of Cultural and Historic Affairs
- Named a "Major Arts Institution" by the New Jersey State Council on the Arts
- Member, National Guild of Community Schools of the Arts
- Faculty members have performed with such ensembles as the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, Musicians from Marlboro, New York Philomusica, and the American Chamber Players
In an environment of personal success, friendship and fun, the Thurnauer School of Music promotes the understanding, performance and enjoyment of music at the highest levels, enriching the lives of people of all ages throughout northern New Jersey and beyond.
For more information contact:
Thurnauer School of Music at 201.569.7900 x1465