Monday-Thursday, 9 am-2 pm
Call Lauren Glubo 201.408.1452 | email@example.com
This social day care program meets 4 days a week and is designed to meet the special needs of frail senior adults who suffer from Alzheimer’s disease and related forms of dementia. Our mission is to enhance the daily lives of our participants and to provide support and needed respite for their caregivers. Activities are held in a bright, spacious room with an adjoining patio and garden overlooking the children’s playground.
The ARC program prides itself as being a home away from home for their participants. In a warm, supportive, family-like setting, attendees enjoy programs set up in a Montessori style, which focuses on using and strengthening a participant’s individual abilities and skills. ARC members take on various responsibilities during activities, which increase self-esteem and give each member increased control over their day.
Aides and companions welcome. Scholarships available. An intake interview is required.
Come visit and ask about our FREE one-week trial.
“ I enjoy the interaction with people. It’s a well-rounded program and everyone fits in. It’s like being with family.”—Helen Lombardi, ARC Participant
- Light breakfast
- Delicious, hot, kosher lunch planned by a nutritionist
- Round-trip, door-to-door/ arm-to-arm transportation in a handicapped accessible vehicle
- Respite for caregivers
- Trained staff includes recreation therapist, program coordinator, social work supervisor, corps of volunteers
- Safe, comfortable, and attractive facility
- Monthly blood pressure screenings; flu shots available
- Educational and cultural presentations
- Discussions on history, art, medicine, and more
- Current events
- Cognitive therapy
- Art therapy
- Movement therapy
- Pet therapy
- Reading groups
- Social dancing
- Bowling, volleyball, softball
- Horticulture and nature programs (with Tenafly Nature Center)
- Intergenerational programs and activities
- Guest speakers & entertainment
- Holiday and Shabbat celebrations
- Free weekly manicures
ARC has been recognized for Excellence in Programming,
receiving awards from both the Association of Jewish Center Professionals and the JCC Association.