Studying Music at Thurnauer
- Children may begin studying an instrument from the age of 3.
- Our faculty members use a variety of teaching methods including the Suzuki approach.
- Instrumental studies for young students involve the participation of a parent or other appointed adult.
- Careful consideration is given to matching each student with an appropriate instrument and teacher.
- An interview with the director of the school is required for students planning to begin instrumental study and for current students wishing to change programs or teachers.
- All instrumental students must own or rent an instrument for daily practice.
- piano students must have an acoustic piano in their home; electronic keyboards are not acceptable.
- Students studying privately outside the Thurnauer School may enroll in a musicianship class, group class, and/or performance ensemble.
- All students taking private lessons at the Thurnauer School must also enroll in musicianship classes, and/or group classes, and/or an ensemble.
- Enrollment includes regular recital performances.
For more information contact:
Thurnauer School of Music at 201.569.7900 x1465